So, for those of you who don't already know, we're having a baby! The baby is due January 19, 2010.
We had been trying for a few months and then in May I suspected I was pregnant. We were actually flying to Amarillo and I took a pregnancy test in the airport bathroom - it was positive. 4 tests later, we believed it to be true.
Seeing as how I always think something is going to go wrong, we decided to wait until we had hit 12 weeks to tell everyone. The only person that knew right away was my mom, who we couldn't wait to tell. We gave her a card telling her she was no longer just going to be a dog grannie anymore. Needless to say, she is thrilled. Most everyone found out when we updated our facebook status at 12 weeks...we had just had our 12 week sonogram and appointment, where all went well, so we decided it was time to share the news. We recieved a ton of comments and were happy to see that our friends were excited for us. Most of my family does not know yet, but we are waiting until my grandmother comes to visit this week to tell her in person, and then everyone else.
So far things have been going really well. I was a little tired and grouchy in my first trimester, but was incredibly lucky and didn't have any morning sickness. I have a little more energy now, but still have my grouchy moments (I'm afraid this is just who I am!). Justin and my mom have been really patient with my mood swings and my sudden desire to redecorate my house; I am so lucky to have them!
We don't find out the sex of the baby for about 6 more weeks, so check back late August for an update! Keep your fingers crossed for a girl! :)
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love the blog!
ReplyDelete