Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 2011

March was a busy month for us, but it was a fun month. Here's what was going on:

The weather was nice for most of the month, so we spent a lot of time outside. Justin and I took Aubrey to the "Krewe of Barkus" which is the Mardi Gras pooch parade in downtown McKinney. She loved seeing dogs of all shapes and sizes, many of whom were dressed up in Western outfits. We also took her to an art show at the Arboretum during Dallas Blooms. She had fun playing in fountains and with some of the animal sculptures that were for sale. We got some great pictures of her in front of the tulips. Unfortunately, she was more interested in picking the flowers than posing with them. She is finally able to play with her sand and water table we got for her birthday - she loves it. She likes to dump the sand in the water side and then splash in the water. I went a little crazy and bought her a playhouse...I know she's a little young but she seems to like it. It is in the corner of the yard so I decided to decorate it with brightly colored flowers and things that spin. It has kind of turned into her own private garden. We are at the point where if it is nice outside that's where we can be found!

Aubrey has been happy pretty much all the time lately. Its funny to think about this time last year - she was fussy 24/7 and no one was getting sleep. As hard as we tried we couldn't enjoy our time with her because she was so miserable. Today she is a completely different child. She is happy and playful, she is inquisitive and sneaky. We can't be around her and not be laughing or smiling at her. She is rarely fussy, if she is it is usually due to teething, lack of sleep, or constipation. She enjoys playing outside, dancing, and playing with her "Little People" sets. At bedtime she likes to read one book, but if it is a short one we read two books. She sleeps in her crib until about 5:00 when she starts crying and we transfer her to our bed until we get up. She still spends Mon-Fri with Bitsy - taking care of Mr. Royall, helping her with work, and running errands. Her new task at Mr. Royall's is to help put his shoes on. In mid-March, great grandma came to visit for a few weeks. Aubrey loves time with her great-grannie. I was so close to my grandmother growing up it is great to see Aubrey developing the same relationship with her.

I am sitting outside while I write this...I just noticed her un-planting all my herbs - time to go!


***I have more pics from March to upload, check back later!***

No comments:

Post a Comment