Tuesday, June 21, 2011

May 2011



Sorry for the delay in posting about May, things have been crazy around here. I keep thinking things will calm down but the never do...

So, I've already forgotten most of what happened last month but the main event was Hannah's graduation. This was Justin & Aubrey's first trip to Georgia and they both loved it. My family lives in Athens, which is a pretty part of the state. It was nice to see trees and greenery - both things we miss out on in Texas. Hannah was sweet enough to give us a tour of the University of Georgia, which we all enjoyed. I think Justin especially loved it as we have good friends who are Georgia bulldog fans. He had to take pics everywhere we went on campus and text them to his friend. It was nice getting to know my little cousin and see the young adult she has become. We all had fun at Hannah's graduation party. We haven't seen this side of my family since our wedding, so needless to say we had a lot to catch up on! The visit was too short but it was worth it. I just hope we don't have to wait another five years before we see them again!

As fare as Aubrey goes, she is doing great. She is very playful and social and constantly keeps us on our toes. She is loving the pool and being outdoors, and sometimes gets frustrated when we stay inside. Unfortunately the hotter it gets the more we stay inside, unless we're in the pool. She has really gotten into coloring and stickers, which is great since she can do that anywhere. Bitsy got her a Mrs. Potato Head for Easter and she LOVES it. The eyes, nose, and mouth may not always make it in the correct hole but thats okay. I thought it would be fun to put some of Mrs. Potato Head's crazy lips over my lips and Aubrey thought that was so much fun she wants me to do it all the time. Obviously I am regretting that "fun" idea. I got her a doll crib and other doll accessories and she is having fun playing with her baby. She puts her baby in the little crib and tucks her in, then says "nighty night" and gives her a kiss before rocking her. It is so sweet!

I'm sure there is more but I've got to save something for June! I will try to be more timely in my posts next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment