Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1st Week


Today is Aubrey's one week birthday! I never thought I'd be one of those people that say this, but time with her is going so fast! To be honest, I never really thought of myself as a "kid person" and babies used to absolutely terrify me. When I was pregnant I worried about what I was going to do with this scary, squirmy thing; how would I ever have patience for her? The minute I got her home, all of that changed...now I have problems putting her down, or letting someone else take over. Having her sleep without someone holding her makes me nervous, and car rides with her make me want to cry - how am I supposed to know what other drivers will do?? Despite the nerves and irrational fears, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Aubrey is growing and changing each day...I love watching her stretch herself out, make silly faces - most of which involve sticking her tongue out, hold her own hands (or someone else's), and sleep peacefully. We went to the pediatrician for the first time yesterday, and we love her. She said that Aubrey is perfectly healthy, not jaundiced, and super strong. She was very nice to the new parents and pulled off Aubrey's band-aids for us. We go back again for her 2 week check-up next week.
Here are a few pictures of "firsts":

First Tummy-time:














First time in rocker:

















First Bath-time:























First time wearing her Uggs:





First trip to the pediatrician:

1 comment:

  1. The first few weeks are really weird! Eventually you break out of that protective home cocoon and make your way around and about. The two week check up is the PKU test sent to the state. Justin should probably go with you or your mom. They have to fill the circles on a piece of paper after stabbing her little foot. You know me and blood.... David had to hold them because it was killing me. They are really upset during this procedure. All babies have to go through it. I don't want to scare you, you just hate to hear them cry.

    Enjoy these few weeks they will be like a dream.

    ReplyDelete