
January 12, 2010
A while back Justin and I had decided that we wanted to have a scheduled induction at 39 weeks, so this past Tuesday we went into the hospital at 5pm to get the process started. Mom came with us to offer moral support and snacks, as we had heard the food was horrible! We all started off in good spirits, however, come midnight we were pretty impatient!
January 13, 2010
At about 7am the doctor came in to give me my epidural, and also to start the pitocin (the medication used to induce). We were all tired but hopeful that once the medicine kicked in, something would happen. Well...nothing much happened until about 5:30pm. I started having horrible back pain, to the point where I was in tears. We called the nurse in who wanted to go ahead and check me before she gave me more pain medication. Next thing I know, she is telling me it is time to push and she is calling my doctor! I pushed for about 30 minutes and out popped Aubrey! She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces; and was 20.5 inches long. She has dark hair,long eye lashes (like Justin), and lips like mine. She is absolutely gorgeous! We all fell in love with her the moment we saw her.
We weren't discharged until Friday, but at this point we were more than ready to take our baby girl home. Mom met us at the house, and we started to settle in and get to know Aubrey. My grandmother came on Saturday, and she and mom have been a tremendous help!
Right now we are getting to know our little girl, and are enjoying every moment! Below are the pictures at the hospital - more updates and pics to follow!
On the ride home - she slept the whole way!
Just after delivery - Happy new family!
Meeting Aubrey for the first time - lots of tears!
Pre-Labor






No comments:
Post a Comment