Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy 3 Months!




Today is Aubrey's 3 month birthday! The past 3 months have been very emotional for us - we were so happy to meet her, scared to be new parents, tired from lack of sleep, frustrated with acid reflux, thrilled at each new milestone. She is definitely the best thing I have ever done and I can't imagine life without her!

Last week was my first week back at work and Aubrey's first week spending the days with Bitsy. Aubrey did great - We get up at 5:30 am and eat, get dressed, and head to Mr. Royall's. I spend about 30 minutes with here there before leaving her with my mom. They hang out and take care of Mr.Royall, and then they head to our house in the afternoon. When I come home mom leaves and Aubrey and I have alone time before Justin gets home. Once he gets home we eat dinner, do laundry (every day!), pick up around the house, feed Aubrey a few times, and then go to sleep at 11:30. Even though we've only been doing it for about a week, we have a pretty good routine going.

Aubrey is doing great - we have started adding rice cereal to her formula to help with spit-up. I'm not sure it's helping all that much but she seems to like it okay. It seems like her acid reflux is a little worse, but I've heard month 3 is the worst. I can't wait for her to outgrow this! She is getting longer by the minute and is outgrowing all her footie onesies. She is becoming more interested in toys and is starting to hold onto them. We have started reading her books with brightly colored pictures, which she seems to enjoy. She is changing every day!

We are starting to look into preschools for when Aubrey is 3...it's hard to believe that it's time to start figuring that out and getting on wait lists! I think we have picked one out but we still need to check it out in person. We finally scheduled her christening for June 27th at First United Methodist Church in downtown Dallas. It is the church we got married in so I am happy to be able to have her christening there.

Not much on the schedule for this week except for a play date with baby Dean, and maybe a little yard work...and a trip to the bookstore for more picture books...and maybe the Arboretum...

No comments:

Post a Comment