Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 12


This past week was a big week for us...on Sunday Aunt Martha, Uncle Dennis, Grandma, Michael, and Daniel all came for Easter lunch. Grandma had met Aubrey before, but it was everyone else's first time. Aubrey looked adorable in her Easter dress and made it through most of the afternoon without spitting up on it! Lunch was yummy and it was great being able to catch up with everyone. The very next day was my first day back at work...the tears started on Sunday and didn't stop until I got to work Monday morning. I knew that Aubrey would be fine but I wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I knew it was going to be a big change going from being with her all day, every day, to just being with her in the evenings and early mornings. It turned out that as much as I missed my baby on Monday it was good getting to be with my work friends. I did however appreciate the many updates and pictures that my mom emailed me throughout the day...that is a definite perk to having my mom watch the baby. We are so lucky to have my mom around and available to take care of Aubrey, I can't imagine what it would be like to leave her with a stranger every day. Now my only concern is that Aubrey will love my mom more than she loves me! Being back at work is okay, the days have gone by quickly as I have been pretty busy. I do look forward to coming home to baby - even though the past two days I have come home to a fussy, screaming baby. We had been adding rice cereal to her formula to keep her from spitting up as much, but it looks like it is making her fussy so we stopped that today. Other than that Aubrey is doing fabulous. She has really started talking and responding, and she has started to hold on to things when you put them in her hand. Bitsy has started a new game with her where Aubrey kicks up her feet and she kisses the bottom of them, then Aubrey pulls her feet back in, then repeat. It is pretty cute but Bitsy is now afraid that she might try that with a stranger and wind up kicking them in the face!
We don't have a lot of plans for week 12...maybe go to the Arboretum this weekend but that's about it. I can't believe little Miss Aubrey will be 3 months old next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment